Friday, October 5, 2012

Cutest Pumpkin In The Patch

Happy Friday!  I'm so excited the weekend is here.  I am hoping the weather is good and we can go pumpkin pickin' this weekend.  I love to go pumpkin picking with the kids.  We go on a hayride and go out to a big open field and find that perfect pumpkin or 6!  Last year my kids were all about the small pumpkins, and lots of them. I like one big one for carving.  Let's hope the rain holds off and we can find our pumpkins.  I made a double page layout for my pumpkin pickin' weekend.  My first double page layout.  Can I get a woohoo.  This layout is more formal than I would like but this is the direction it took on when I picked the papers.





So as usual my pictures are terrible.  If anyone can give me some advice on how to photograph scrapbook pages I would truly appreciate it.  I used an older K&Company paper stack and Bazzill cardstock.  I cut part of the title with my Cricut and the other half is a sticker set I picked up a long time ago at Michael's.  The pumpkins are from the Everyday Paperdolls cartridge and the acorn is an SVG.  I found the fabric and gem stone leaves in Michael's dollar bin and the brown cording is also from Michaels.  I was hoping to add some buttons but I didn't have any that matched my layout.  Oh well.
Have a wonderful weekend!
I'm linking this post to the following challenges:
Lasting Memories
Cooking with Cricut
More Than Favors
My Craft Spot
My Sheri Crafts

12 comments:

  1. I love this Kelly!!! It turned out so good!! Your photos of the pages are perfect to me!! I think the biggest thing is to use natural light whenever possible. (I am always placing pages on my front porch or my back deck in my jammies to get a picture.) And then just aim the camera right over the top looking down. I don't have a fancy camera by any means... thinking my photos will come out better when indeed I do get that camera. :)
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really like this Lots of detail, Thanks for sharing

    Congrats on being showcased. I know I like it lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout! Great papers and colors! Wonderful details! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for the good weather to last for you. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. kelly your photos are great and I adore this 2 pager!!!! If you don;t mind your neighbors thinkin you are nuts here;s what I do....I take my photos outside and use double sided sticky tape on the pack to adhere my layout to the side of the house or a window and snap the photo...Or prop it on the patio in an old chair :) Nothing too highly technical....LOL. And be sure to do it early in the morning when your elderly neighbor is standing on his porch across the street watching but he won't ask what you are doing cuz then he'd have to admit he is watching....LOL. That help?

    Thanks for playing along with us at LM this week!!! Love your entry!!! :)
    Tina LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the title. Such a cute layout and so many picture spaces available. Love that. Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut and Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your photos look fine! When I do mine, I lay them on the floor by a window for the natural light and then the flash doesn't go as well. The other thing I love to do, weather permitting, is take them outside and prop them against the deck or something like that OR lay them right on the deck. Hope that helps! But they look fine as they are!

    Love your LO's and absolutely love your title!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your LO! The colors are fantastic! I see nothing wrong with your pics! But here's a tip you probably already use, Natural Light is always better, and I use a tripod to avoid any kind of movement. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty layout! I love the pattern paper you used and those cute pumpkins :)

    Hugs, Sheena
    Dew Drops & Glue Dots

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice!! I love that you did a layout! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great LO, Kelly! I too am outside with my cards and LOs whenever possible. Natural light is the best! Thanks so much for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful layout - and just perfect for this time of year!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete