Friday, September 14, 2012

Movie and a Scrapbook

Happy Friday!  So happy the weekend is upon us.  When I checked out the Lasting Memories challenge this week my head was swarming with ideas.  The challenge is "Movies"!  Use a title or quote from a movie or anything related to a movie.  I thought of the 80's hit, Splash, for a fun summer page, then I found a great pic of my daughter and thought of Pretty Woman or Pretty in Pink.   As you can tell my mind went straight to the 80's.  I don't know why.  So instead I decided on a layout titled "Breakfast Club".  If you grew up in the 80's you probably watched this movie a million times.  It was a good flick and even better to watch now.  Over the summer I took a picture of my husband and son out on our deck eating breakfast together.  I'm not a great photographer (as you can tell by my blog pics) but this picture came out great.  The lighting was perfect and it really showed off my sons green eyes and my husbands blue eyes.  They are both in the pj's and have bed head.  One of those random pictures that you just look at and smile because it was a nice quiet morning and they were bonding together over a simple bowl of cereal.







My layout came together very quickly.  The only item I cut with my cricut was my title.  I used a new free font that I installed recently, smiley monster.  I love the way it looks, like a little kids handwriting.  The rest of the papers and die cuts are from a K&Company 8X8 kit I found on clearance at Michaels.  I added some Recollections flowers and a little bling.  I know a boy layout shouldn't have bling but I can't help myself.  I seriously think I'm addicted to that stuff.  Wish it came in more colors too. I'm going to do some journaling on the sunshine paper and I'm debating if I should add the month and year to the fliers on top.  What do you think?
Enjoy your weekend!




5 comments:

  1. Oh this is PERFECT! And YES.. I grew up in the 80's... so know this movie so well. Well actually all the movies you mentioned. :) Perfect sunshiny colored papers!! Your flags at the top are a great place to add a date. But if you are thinking you want to leave them blank... I'm a sucker for always adding my dates at the top or bottom of the journaling cards. Great layout! Thanks Kelly for joining us at Lasting Memories this week! Very fun page!!!
    Michele LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all... Who says no to bling on a boys page? I LOVE TOO!! So use bling alot on my boys LO!! So don't worry, its perfectly great imo! :)
    Love the LO! I was born in 1986, so don't know the movie myself, but have just added it to my list to watch.. And certainly, I too am a sucker for dates, so if your debating yourself, just do it... :)
    If it does't look any good afterwards, there is always a way to fix things with Scrapbooking!!!
    Love it! Thanks for joining in this week..
    Toni - September GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about the bling. This layout is great and I can't wait to see it finished. I think the added journaling and dates on the fliers will put it over the top

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice Cheery colors, can't wait to see it finished too! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome colors and papers. I loved this movie. Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete