Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Beautiful Girl

This weeks challenge over at Lasting Memories was difficult for me.  The challenge is to use pink, ribbon and lace on your layout.  Pink and ribbon easy peasy, lace, well that through me for a loop.  I don't have lace and how was I going to incorporate it into a layout.  Well, as I was clearing out my daughters summers clothes I came across an old pair of leggings with lace on the bottom.  You see where I'm going with this don't ya.  I cut the lace off, she didn't need them and they had a hole so you could call this recycling to suit mommy's crafting addiction.  The layout I made is not typical of my scrapbook layouts.  It's more shabby chic or vintage.  I usually stick to a clean, simple Cricut die cut look.  Sorry I don't know the scrapbooking terms for all of this so I'm totally making this up as I go.  Anyway, my layout is not my usual style but sometimes we need a challenge to get us to do somethin' a little different.  My layout is missing the photo because I haven't ordered a copy yet but I have a beautiful picture of my daughter from the summer.  She is in my parents backyard smelling flowers.  So pretty!  One of those pictures that makes here look so calm and innocent.  Yeah right!  







 The mat for the photo looks so red in the pictures but it actually matches the deep pink of the base paper.   Two things I love about this layout that most won't notice,  the green paper has music notes on it which goes perfectly with my title "You make my heart sing".  Second, one of the hexagons had room for some  journaling and it said "happy"on it.  My daughter certainly makes my heart sing and she is happy and girly like this layout. 

Linking this post to the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. LOL will have to remember this next time I need lace. You were really creative. Love the layout! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty LO! Great!
    And I love all the little surprise goodies that can be found during a big clean out... Lol
    Thanks for joining in this week... :)
    Toni - LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha... isn't it funny how our precious daughters can "Look" so calm and innocent, but gosh as their mother's, we sure do know best at times. :) How old is yours?? Mine is 9 going on 18 easily. I love your layout. good job on finding the lace. I gotta remember that!! Buttons too!
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love how you got your lace for this beauty! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly this is so pretty!! I almost didn't notice the hexagons, they blend right in but are beautiful! Love the colors. Don;t go enabling people to cut up their kiddos clothes for challenge parts....trouble maker!! :) I have all boys...so no ;lace in the house for me either.....lol. Great layout and it will be perfect when you find a photo for it, or do you already have one in mind?? Thanks so much for playing along with us at lasting memories this week!!

    Tina (LMDT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can only imagine a photo of your innocent daughter. keep trying to get the image to stick with my three daughters as well. Good luck with that. Lovely layout and nice details. thanks for joining us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete