Friday, July 13, 2012

Ice Cream, So Sweet

Happy Friday everyone in blog world.  I have a sweet card for the Fantabulous Cricut challenge this week.  The challenge is summer dessert, i.e. ice cream, popsicle or fruit.  I decided to go with the ice cream/ popsicle theme.  I love ice cream in the summer, I eat it practically everyday. Not good for the waistline but the extra workouts make up for it.  So onto my card, I used a pre-made card base measuring 6.5 x 5.  
Here are the rest of the details:

Paper-Bazzill, Recollections and scraps from my stash
Cartridges- Everyday Paper Dolls, Create A Critter, Love You a Latte, DoodleCharms
Stamps-  Peachy Keen, Scrappy Moms Happily Ever After for the So Sweet sentiment and Kids Incorporated for the Ice Cream
Embellishments:  Rhinestones, GellyRoll pens, Ink, Glossy Accents, Swiss Dots Embossing folder

I had so much fun making this card and I'm thrilled with the end result.  I recently purchased the Love You a Latte cartridge and couldn't wait to use it.  I used it to make the Ice Cream shop instead of a coffee shop.  I added some faux stitching to the coffee shop sign and awning.  I also used the Swiss Dots embossing folder on the awning.  I thought it needed a little something extra.  The ice cream sign is from the Scrappy Moms stamp set Kids Incorporated.  The sentiment says I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream.  I taped over most of the sentiment and inked the ice cream portion only.

I can't wait to give this card to a special little girl I know.  She's turning 7 in a couple of weeks and she sure is sweet.

I'm linking this post to the following challenges:

Fantabulous Cricut

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Love the Ice cream shop and all the cartridges you used to make your card! Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week in our Yummy, Yummy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!I love the stitching on your cool ice cream shop and the cute little girl.Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Love the embossing! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete