Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One Cool Dude

I'm offically on the Valentine day band wagon.  I didn't want to admit it was around the corner because that means more candy in my house, but it's here. I  decided to fill my apothecary jars with conversation hearts and red heart gummies because they are cheap decorating items and  I we can eat them Valentine's day.  I have a major sweet tooth but I'm hoping to have some willpower and stay away.  I keep telling myself if I eat one there goes the cute Valentine decor.
I decided to start making some cards for the little Valentine's in my house.  The ones that are already asking to eat my Valentine decor.  Haha they must take after their mommy.  My little guy is one cool dude in my book so I made him this sweet card.  I know boys don't like bling but the snowflakes needed a little somethin' somethin'.  I hope he likes it!
It's hard to see it in this picture but the background paper has snowflakes on it.

I added a lot of dimension to the penguin.  I stacked two layers of pop dots.

Is he cute or what?

I also added lots of Stickles to the igloo door frame.  I wanted it to look like it was frosty.  I also added some glossy accents to the igloo outlines. 

Comments make me smile :-)!
Recipe:
Gypsy Welded shape card
Cartridges- Create A Critter, Accent Essentials, Elegant Edges
Papers- Recollections, Bazzill, Scraps from my overflowing draw
Sentiment- My Computer
Embellishments- Rhinestones, Frosted Lace Stickles, Glossy Accents, Sky Star GellyRoll, White GellyRoll, Martha Stewart Chalk, Pop Dots

I'm entering this card into the following challenges
Fantabulous Cricut
My Craft Spot

6 comments:

  1. Love the frosty layer of stickles to the igloo's door and adding the glossy accents to the igloo was genius! Will remember how that looks like ice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card.Love the little hearts and the pretty snowflakes(he won't notice the bling!lol).The stickles and glossy accents work so well on your igloo.Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, I love the penguin and the added touch of stickles on the doorway! So clever.

    I'm a new follower! ;o)

    hattieshaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable!! The stickles around the doorway looks so frosty and awesome!! Great card!! Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

    Lisa
    FCCB Design Team Member
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the penguin and igloo! Great job! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the sentiment too. It's perfect with your sweet little penguin!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete