Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mystery Reader

Yesterday I was the Mystery Reader at my sons school.  I read Snow Day by Lynn Plourde.  It was the perfect book because snow was in the forecast for last night.  The kids were so excited.  We talked about our plans to go sleigh riding, have snowball fights and make a snowman.  I made these super simple, super cute snacks for the kids.  They were a big hit.

Mini Donuts dressed as snowmen. 

Even the juiceboxes looked like snowmen

Enough to feed a small army

The snowmen were easy.  I bought mini powdered donuts, added some black food gel to make the eyes and mouth and a candy corn for the nose.  I wrapped the juiceboxes with white paper, used a black marker to make the eyes and mouth and an orange marker to make the nose.  Easy peasy!  
Unfortunately we did not receive enough snow to build a snowman but just enough to make some snowballs!

Happy Saturday to you!

3 comments:

  1. Love the snowmen! You must have been the best mystery reader they have seen. I am stumbling this post. I am a new follower from Sun Scholars. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! So cute.

    I am your newest follower and I hope you will follow me back over at www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

    Thanks! Off to see more of your blog!

    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kelly! Reading a story AND bringing treats??? Talk about an over-and-above super mom!!! These snowmen donuts and juice boxes are AWESOME!! You have some really great ideas. I am now following you and can't wait to see more from you. Thanks for inspiring! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/2012/01/lifes-beach.html

    ReplyDelete