Friday, January 6, 2012

My First Gypsy Card

My hubby bought me a Gypsy for Christmas.  Can you say happy dance!!!!  I was thrilled and wanted to wait to share the good news with all of you until I had a project to showcase.  I must say it was a little tricky for me to figure out at first, but thanks to You Tube and the awesome customer service rep. at Provo Craft I am doing well now. 
I was so excited to see the sketch challenge over at Die Cuttin' Divas.  I've never done a sketch challenge so I thought this would be a great time.  I knew I wanted to use my gypsy to make the three circle at the bottom but I wanted them to be holes with a designer paper behind it.  So this is my first sketch/gypsy card.  Drumroll please.




The first picture shows the sparkly blue paper better.  So what do you think?  Me likey!  I'm so happy with it.  It came out better than I thought.  I was able to use my Martha Stewart punch and Scrappy Moms stamps.  I think I'm going to stamp a Happy Birthday sentiment inside.  So there you have my very first sketch/gypsy card. 
If you have any gypsy tips please leave a comment I would love to learn more. 

I am entering this card into the following challenges
Die Cuttin' Divas
Simply Crafts Challenge Blog

Comments make me smile!

8 comments:

  1. Good Job on your first Gyspy project! You'll get the hang of it. I honestly can't even create anymore without my Gypsy. LOVE IT! Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out darling. I love how you cut the three circles on the front. They are perfect! I love my Gypsy, I use it ALL the time. It might be a little tricky at first but stick with it and it will be one of your best friends! This is another beautiful card and I love it! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Crafts Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Kelly! You followed the sketch perfectly, and I love how you let the 3 little cupcakes show through the holes. Very creative. Thanks for playing along with Die Cuttin' Divas!!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little cupcakes that you did. Great twist on the sketch and I'm glad you submitted it into our little challenge. Love the card! So fun! Thanks for participating in the Simply Crafts challenge!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow look at you and all your firsts! Fabulous job!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Die Cuttin Divas.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Die Cuttin Divas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea with the circles. I'm hoping to get my gypsy soon! --C

    ReplyDelete