Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Meeting a New Years Goal With a Local Celebrity

So one of the goals I set for myself in 2012 is to start scrapbooking.  Can you believe I own a Cricut and I don't scrapbook???  Bet you didn't think that was possible!  Anyway, I want to keep a small scrapbook on our living room table that chronicles our year.  This way when we entertain there is something for people to look at and my kids can show family and friends what they've been up to. 
When I checked out the More Than Favors challenge I noticed it was a scrapbook layout.  I felt it was destiny.  They knew I had this goal and this was their way of telling me to get my butt in gear.  I loved the layout idea, I just needed to think of a single picture.  The next day my mom called bright and early, I always get a little nervous when family calls early in the morning.  She said my son was in the paper!!!  My parents submitted a photo of my dad lacing up my sons hockey skates at the town ice rink.  They published the picture in their "Explore" section, what to do around our area.  This is my sons third, yes thats right I said third time in the paper.  Unfortuantely I didn't scrapbook the other pictures but this time I did.  I guess you could say he is a local celebrity, well that what he thinks.


A close up of the hockey puck border, skate, hockey stick journaling card. 


I wish I would have used the shadow feature of the title.  I couldn't figure out how to do that with my new gypsy but after watching a couple of You Tube videos I think I've figured it out.
Although you can see my shadow in this picture I think it shows off the contrast of colors nicely.


Recipe:
Cartridges- Sports Mania, Everyday Paper Dolls, Elegant Edges, Baby Steps, Accent Essentials
Paper- Bazzill, Recollections, Recollections Sugar Plums, DCWV
Gellyroll pens, thread, Pop Dots,
Cuttlebug Folder- Polka Dots

I'm linking this post to

Comments make me smile :-)

1 comment:

  1. Nice layout Kelly! I'm the opposite, I stopped scrapbooking since I've owned a Cricut. Well, not really stopped, I just don't scrap like I used to. Now, I'm obsessed with Cricut projects, cards and anything 3D which has lead to a bunch of craft project hording when I should put my efforts into layouts. It's all good. Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete