Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Wanna Be A Rock Star

Today I have a fun card.  Scrappy Moms Challenge this week is to use the Rock Princess cartridge.  Unfortunately I don't have this cartridge but neighbor does.  So guess who I texted this morning?  My neighbor.  She was kind enough to let me borrow the cartridge for a few days.  This cartridge was not on my "must have list" but I'm second guessing that decision after playing around with it this morning.  There are so many cute cuts and phrases.  Even though this cartridge is meant for girls I was able to come up with a really cool, at least in my book, boys card.  I know a boys card with a cartridge called Rock Princess.  Well I did it and love it.  This card will be going to my brother-in-law for his birthday.  He's in a band so I thought this would be perfect for him. 

I love the rhinestones on the guitar and polka dot embossing on the red paper.  I think it gave the card more texture.

This picture shows the gold shimmer paper from Recollections.  I love it and have to go back and get more!

This is the inside of the card.  The stamp is from Scrappy Mom's Simple Sentiments set.

Recipe:
Card Base- Bazzill Paper String of Pearls 6X6
Papers-  Bazzill, Recollections
Cartridge-  Rock Princess- Borrowed from my sweet neighbor, Thank You
Embossing Folder- Polka Dots
Embellishments- Pop dots, rhinestone, Black Gellyroll Pen
Sentiment- Scrappy Moms Simple Sentiments

Comments make me smile :-)!

I'm linking this card to the following challenges
Scrappy Moms- Rock Princess
My Craft Spot- Boys
My Sheri Crafts- Something New
Die Cuttin Divas- Buttons, Bows or Bling

9 comments:

  1. I love it! The color combo is perfect for a rocker card. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :D

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great guy card! Perfect colors, and I love those wings with the guitar! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool looking guitar. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family loves music too, so I know they would like this card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Diva this week for our Buttons, Bling and/or Bows challenge.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. I love your choice of colors. Great job.

    tammie
    www.justmaketime.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card! And great colors. Thanks for joining us again at DCD Kelly--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I am going to add it to my pin board! Perfect guy or young teen card! Thanks for playing with us at scrappy moms stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! That guitar is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    ReplyDelete