Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cocoa Warms the Heart

It definitely feels like winter here. The temperature is in the low 20's and with the wind chill it feels like the teens. Errrrrr, I really dislike winter but one thing I looooove is hot cocoa. It makes Mr. Winter a little more bearable. Especially when you add some chopped Andes mints and a little whip cream on top. The perfect remedy for cold hands and toes after a long afternoon of shoveling snow.
So here is my Cocoa Warms the Heart card. My first card for 2012!





Recipe
Pre-made 6.5 x 5 card from Michaels
Paper- Recollections Jolly and Bright, Bazzill
Martha Stewart Punch
Cartridge- Once Upon A Princess for all cuts, oval 4.25 & 4, cup 1.75, heart .75 and .5
Sentiment- Scrappy Moms Winter Wishes
StazOn Ink- Blazing Red

Comments make me smile :-)

I'm linking this card to the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut

9 comments:

  1. I am in love with this card-- the color combo is amazing! I might have to dig out some of these colors and play! Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    Sarah :)
    http://sarahvaitstamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card with great colors!! Thanks for joining FCCB this week.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...great colors! I love the polka dot and the pretty blue. Great job!
    Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the polka dots! Great job with color selection....love your card and your style. So glad you decided to join us over at FCCB. Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! I'm going to check out more of your cards now.

    I am your newest follower and I hope you'll follow me back!

    www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous!! I love the papers you used!! Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

    Lisa
    FCCB Design Team Member
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love the pretty cup and papers. The punched edges look great!
    Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!
    Glenda
    http:glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the sweetest card. Love the color combinations and the lace edges pull it altogether. Very nice and thanks for sharing with us at FCCB.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Especially like the Valentine feel that this card has. I like seeing the variety and had no idea that Once Upon A Princess had this image. Have a nice day.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete