Friday, January 13, 2012

Book Club Baby

I mentioned in a previous post that I belong to a book club.  The book club consists of 5 ladies.  We met in high school and have stayed friends ever since.  I always look forward to our meetings on Sunday morning.  We catch up, enjoy a fabulous brunch and then discuss our book.  We will be discuss How To Be An American Housewife at our next meeting.  I picked this book and I must say it's not living up to the reviews on BookReview.com.  I wish I would have chosen The Help.  I finished it about two weeks ago and LOVED it.  Definitely one of my favorite books of all time. 
One of our book club members will be having a baby shower soon so I created this card for her.  As you can tell she knows the sex of the baby.


Die Cuttin' Diva's challenge this week is to use the colors blue, white and silver.  I thought I could make a baby boy card for my book club friend and meet the challenge requirements.  Blue and white are typical baby boy colors and when I saw the airplane on the B is for Boy cartridge I knew I could include the silver.  I wrote "special delivery" with the sky star gellyroll pen.  Not as cute as a stamp, but I didn't have a stamp set that included the sentiment. 
Hopefully my book club friend will like it along with her baby shower gift.

Now it's time that I take off!  I know cheesy but I had to say it.

Recipe
Pre made card measuring 4.25 x 5
Papers- Bazzill, Recollections
Cartridges- B is for Boy, Everyday Paper Dolls, Baby Steps
GellyRoll Pens
Pop Dots
Corner Punch (My newest addition and lovin' it)

6 comments:

  1. Your card is darling and I bet your friend will love it! I've never belonged to a book club before but tthe idea of getting together for brunch with friends to discuss the book sounds wonderful! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, especially with the plane just flying by with the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week. Hope you will again.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this "special delivery" card! Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card. Love those little socks.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Die Cuttin' Divas.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this!! Thanks for playing with the DCD's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Please stop by Die Cuttin' Divas.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete