Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Cookie Exchange

I feel like it's been a long time since I posted. I scored some hot deals at AC Moore and Michaels on black friday.  What am I most excited about?  The Elegant Edges cartridge I picked up.  I've wanted this one for a while.  I LOVE it!  There are so many unique cuts that are perfect for cards, banners, signs, and scrapbooking.  I think I'll be using this one a lot.  Can't wait to make some new stuff for my etsy shop. 

Now for my card.   I am hosting a cookie party this year.  I invited some stay at home moms in the neighborhood and my mother and mother in law.  I wanted to make cute invitations and here is what I came up with. Note,  I went a little picture crazy.









I'm soooo happy with the way they turned out.  I found a tutorial for the joy fold card here.  It's a super easy card to make.  My paper was not double sided so I added some extra paper cuts.  The paper is from Recollections Jolly and Bright collection. I love this paper pack because it's fun and whimsical.  Exactly the way Christmas should be, especially for a cookie party.  I embossed the front card with D'Vine Swirls and printed the invitation on my computer.  All of the die cuts on the front are from SVG Cuts Christmas Cookie Party.  This set is awesome for Christmas time or for anyone that loves to cook and bake.   I added some faux stitching on the dress and oven mitt.  I think it gave it a little some extra.  The "your invited" stamp is from Fiskars All Year Greetings.  I also included a list of the cookies on a cookie sheet.  How stinkin' cute! 
I'll be posting more decorating and papercrafting ideas for the cookie party soon.  I'm thinking placecard holders for the recipes, treat bags for all of the guests, and a drink recipe or two.

Comments make me smile ;-)

I'm linking this post to the following:
CARDZ TV-  OK I'm stretching this a bit since the challenge is to create a card with an image that starts with the letter "S".  I have a spoon on my card so I know I'm reaching with this one but it's an "S" right?
Fantabulous Cricut

4 comments:

  1. These invitations are spectacular! I hope you have a great cookie party.

    Hope you will stop by when you get a chance to see my new cards.
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute invitation, they will be so much to open that I'm sure everyone invited will attend! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty invitations! Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete