Friday, November 4, 2011

Turkey Bowl

Happy Friday!!!  I'm so happy the weekend is upon us.  Earlier this week I checked out  Die Cuttin' Diva's and found this awesome challenge, It's Football Season! Let's make a project using a football theme.  I was so excited and had a million ideas floating in my head.  First I needed to finish up an Etsy order and then I could get to work on this challenge.  My husband is a HUGE football fan.  On Sunday mornings he plays football with a group of local guys, then comes home watches the pre-game show then its JETS and GIANTS games.  Daddy is not to be disturbed, good luck with that!

For the past 10 years my dear hubby has organized a football game on Thanksgiving morning.  It's become a fun and memorable tradition among the guys.  They call it Turkey Bowl and it's something he begins preparing for in late September.  He steps up the work-out routine and begins to recruit all the guys.  It's something he loves and looks forward to all year.  So I thought it would be cute to make him a special card for the day.  Here is what I came up with
My little Turkey Bowl.  He even has a football helmet.  I love it and can't wait to give it to him. 

Card Recipe
6.5 x 5 card
Papers, Bazzill, and various scraps
Sports Mania for football and helmet both cut at 2 1/4
Create a Critter Turkey cut at 3 1/2
D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Sentiment printed on my computer using the Hurry Up font and Rockwell Bold
Staz On Ink, Timber Brown
Google Eyes
Pop Dots

Comments make me smile :-)

I am linking this post to the following challenges:
Die Cuttin' Diva's http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/
Simply Crafts http://simply-crafts.blogspot.com/
Whimsical Wednesday http://www.whimsical-designs.com/2011/11/whimsical-wednesday-challenge-and-big.html
Paper Playtime http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm loving it. He will love it. :) Thanks so much for participating in our Simply Crafts challenge!

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com
    Simply-Crafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love the helmet and football! What a super fun card! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is AWESOME! How fun!!! He is going to absolutely LOVE this! Those googly eyes are the perfect touch to your sweet turkey bowl turkey ;). Thanks for joining the Simply Crafts Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card! Now this is a card my hubby would enjoy...turkey and football...match made in heaven!!! LOL Thanks so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly I'm so glad you submitted this card to the Paper Playtime challenge too! :) Thanks for playing in paper w/ us at Paper Playtime!

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com
    Paperplaytime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that is so cute.. I love turkey, but not so crazy about football..LOL
    thnx for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This has to be the cutest football player ever. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Your card was selected Card of the Week at Die Cuttin' Divas. Please feel free to grab your our badge.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOO CUTE!Great job with your card,Thank you so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)

    ReplyDelete