Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins!

One of the things I love most about fall is desserts.  Apple and pumpkin desserts that is.  They make your house smell heavenly.  I have a few go to pumpkin recipes but I always like to try new ones.  I saw this recipe on allrecipes and decided to try it out. 

I think I will give this recipe 4 out of 5 stars.  Not my all time favorite but a moist and fluffy muffin.  The butterscotch surprisingly pairs well with the pumpkin and gives it a sweet kick.  I'm all for sweet!
Everyone at our playgroup seemed to like them.  I enjoyed the pumpkin spice coffee that I drank with it.  It definitely put me in the fall spirit although I prefer my Iced Pumpkin Cookies that I posted about herehttp://kellykrockerkreates.blogspot.com/2011/02/whip-it-up-wednesday-delay.html
They are one of my favorite pumpkin desserts.  I may have to make them later today.  If you try either recipe let me know.  Happy baking!

Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes
I made mine regular size but you could also do mini as the recipe states.

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
  2. Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; pour into each cup of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full.
  3. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.
Comments make me smile!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! sounds great-can't wait to try:) Thanks for stopping by my blog- I am a new follower of yours too!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete