I think I will give this recipe 4 out of 5 stars. Not my all time favorite but a moist and fluffy muffin. The butterscotch surprisingly pairs well with the pumpkin and gives it a sweet kick. I'm all for sweet!
Everyone at our playgroup seemed to like them. I enjoyed the pumpkin spice coffee that I drank with it. It definitely put me in the fall spirit although I prefer my Iced Pumpkin Cookies that I posted about herehttp://kellykrockerkreates.blogspot.com/2011/02/whip-it-up-wednesday-delay.html
They are one of my favorite pumpkin desserts. I may have to make them later today. If you try either recipe let me know. Happy baking!
Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes
I made mine regular size but you could also do mini as the recipe states.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
Comments make me smile!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; pour into each cup of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.