Wednesday, November 23, 2011

M.A.G. Challenge #53

Good afternoon.  Before I head out to the Thanksgiving feast at school I wanted to post a card for the M.A.G. challenge.  This week the challenge is to use only the images on page 70 in the Sweet Treats cartridge.  Luckily, I have this cartridge and a bunch of 6 year old birthday parties approaching.  I have two parties in February and one in April so I thought I could use this challenge to get a jump start on their cards.  This challenge was difficult because I wanted to use another image like a tiara or shoe or dress up clothes but I stuck with the images on page 70 and here is what I came up with.


I used Bazzill paper for the base.  Zebra paper that I ordered online and I'm not thrilled with.  I hate the way the white shows through the black.  I knew I wanted to use the dots in some way and then I thought if I have them hanging it might be cute.  I cut the number 6's at 1.5 and 1.25.  I stitched around the pink six with my gellyroll pen, added some pearls to the black dots.  I cut my sentiment border with my paper trimmer and stitched around the edges with my gellyroll pen once again.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms.  I won the Happily Ever After set recently and I'm so excited to use it.  I also added some stickles to the diamonds on the sentiment.

Comments make me smile :-)!

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME JOB!! Your Card ROCKS!! Thank you for playing w/ us @ MAG.

    Letillia
    divaof5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, love the colors! Thanks for playing at MAG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to incorporate that challenge. Someone will be happy with their card.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job, love the color combo, thanks for joining Mag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute! Love the colors and the way you have the sixes staggered. Thanks for joining in on the fun at MAG

    ReplyDelete