Tuesday, November 15, 2011

M.A.G. Challenge #52

I finally have a cartridge for the M.A.G. challenge!  Each week I've been checking their challenge blog but no luck, I didn't own the cartridge they were using.  Then I picked up the Simply Charmed cartridge recently and I was so excited to use it for the first time with the M.A.G. challenge.  The challenge is to use only the image on page 75.  When I looked at the design teams cards I knew I had to do something creative.  That team is sooo talented.  I decided not to do a birthday card.  I thought of New Years Eve and the horns and confetti that everyone using to celebrate.  I knew I wanted to use white silver and black but I needed an accent color and I thought red was perfect.  So here is my New Years card even though I'm not ready to say goodbye to 2011. 


My card base is black and measures 5.5 x 4.25.  I added a white layer and then embossed a black overlay with the D'Vine Swirls folder and added red glittery card stock to the bottom.  I used my Recollection punch on the red card stock and cut my horn, confetti and balloons at 3 1/2.  I used my GellyRoll pens to added stitching to some die cuts.  I also inked them and added stickles to make them extra festive.  My sentiment is printed from my computer. 

Comments make me smile!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, u did a super job, love love the colors! Thanks for playing @ MAG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, I love it and the colors! Thanks so much for joining Mag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Red black and white together it is just a Fun and Elegant Color Combo, Your card Rocks! Thank you for joining us @ MAG! I am your newest follower!!

    divaof5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to make a New Years card. The fancy border looks elegant. Thank you for playing at MAG Thank you for playing at MAG

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your festive New Years card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at MAG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the colors. Thanks for playing with us at MAG. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete