Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gratitude Card and Gift Idea

This weekend I got to have a little me time to craft.  Thank you hubby!   I wanted to make some teacher gifts and cards.  It's always nice to thank them for helping my children learn and grow.  It's amazing to see how much they've learned since September.  I made these pumpkins for the teachers.  They are easy to make.  I used SCAL to cut the leaves from SVG Cuts Harvest Hill Collection.  I also used SCAL to cut the words Give Thanks.  I picked up the pumpkins at Michaels.  I used Mod Podge to glue the leaves and Give Thanks to the pumpkin.  I added another layer of Mod Podge on top and once it was all dry I sealed it with a spray.  Added a little gold and brown satin ribbon to the stem and viola. 



A cute thank you gift for the teachers. 
I am including this card with the pumpkin. 


The pumpkins are cut from SVG Cuts Harvest Hill collection. I used my eksuccess dotted scallop punch on the gold paper. I cut the oval in SCAL, added stitching to the edges and stamped the word Gratitude. I added a green rhinestone to the "i" in gratitude. I found the patterned paper in AC Moore last year. I love it! The gold paper is the reverse side of the patterned paper. Don't you just love it when you can use both sides of the paper. Makes me feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck.


I'm linking this post to the following challenges

My Sheri Crafts http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/
Whimsical Wednesdays http://www.whimsical-designs.com/

5 comments:

  1. Oh these are so cute! I love the pumpkin with the leaves and beautiful top! The card is wonderful too. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your pumpkin is awesome. And your card is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love both projects! Your card is absolutely beautiful and I also love the pumpkin gift idea! thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both! Beautiful. I may have to take your idea on the pumpkins for next year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects are beautiful and so festive. Thanks for playing along with us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete