Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hey, Pumpkin

This week over at Scrappy Moms Stamps the challenge is to create a 3D project that uses twine and/or a button.  I knew I wanted to use one of the 3D boxes from SVG Cuts.  At first I was going to use the cake slice but I had a hard time scoring it.  I got frustrated at 11:30 at night and decided to try the Christmas Tree Box.  It's shaped just like a cake box but much easier to score.  Here is what I came up with.





A pumpkin pie cake box or according to SVG cuts Christmas tree box.  I used Bazzill paper in string of pearls, tangerine, and mud pie.  Coredinations paper in Chocolate Mouse for the crust.  I scored the Chocolate Mousse paper so it would look like real pie crust.  Inked the edges to give it depth and a warm just out of the oven look.  I punched the string of pearls paper with my Martha Stewart punch and glued it to the mud pie paper.  I thought this made it look elegant and super yummy.  My faux whip cream is a cotton ball, that I pulled apart.  I adhered it to the box with glue dots.  I added a button and created my own twine with embrodery floss and my kids orange marker.  Hey, you can't have every product out there! Then I cut the tag with SCAL inked the edges with StazOn Timber Brown and used the Special Delivery Scrappy Moms stamp set.  I cut the Hey, Pumpkin stamp into two pieces so it would fit on the tag.  Who would have thought the Special Delivery stamp set would have a stamp I could use for Thanksgiving.  Now, what should I fill the box with, left over Halloween treats or a cute Thanksgiving bib for my nephew.  I think I'm going with the bib for my nephew.

Enjoy your weekend.  Next week I will have a yummy pumpkin recipe to share, stay tuned!

I am also entering this post into the following challenges
Scrappy Moms Stamps http://scrappymoms-stamps.blogspot.com/2011/11/terrific-tuesday-challenge-3d-project.html
Whimsical Wednesday http://www.whimsical-designs.com/
My Sheri Crafts http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/

Comments make me smile!

6 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Nothing says "Thanksgiving Dinner" like pumpkin pie! :-) thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is jus toh so cute!! What a great project. Thanks for joining My Sheri Crafts.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!! It is making me want to make a pumpkin pie now!!! Yummy! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The whipped cream is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet box! :o) I love the punniness and all of the sweet details... the cotton ball is genius for the whipped cream and I LOVE that you used the Doily Lace punch. It's my favorite! :o) The twine and button are such lovely touches to hold the sentiment. Beautiful work! Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful piece of cake gift. thanks for the inspiring.

    Plastic gift card
    Membership Card Printing

    ReplyDelete