Sunday, October 30, 2011

Scrappy Moms Stamps Terrific Tuesday Challenge

The challenge over at Scrappy Moms Stamps is to use the Doodlecharms cartridge.  There are some cute cuts on this cartridge so I had a hard time making up my mind as to which one I would choose.  I decided to make two cards.  My first card is a birthday card for a little lady.  Ladybugs are so cute and a popular 1st birthday party theme.  Check out etsy for some  adorable ladybug party inspiration.  I decided to add a little party hat to my ladybug.  It doesn't look as good as I hoped but it puts her in the party spirit.  I had to add some bling to the card too.  I created the sentiment, Happy Birthday Little Lady, on my computer.
My next card is birthday card as well.  I guess I can never have enough birthday cards on hand.  This was my first time using the cupcake image.  I cut the icing and sprinkles with three different colors of paper so they would be multicolored.  I didn't realize this when I first picked this image.  On the other cartridges the sprinkles are in layers so you get that multi colored looked.  Ohh well I used up some scraps.  I also used my D'Vine Swirls cuttlebug folder for the base of the cupcake.  I have two shadows under the cupcake and gave it some dimension by using pop dots.
 

In this picture you can see the swirls on the base of the cupcake a little better.

Comments make me smile!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Your Cards are so Cute! Love that Sweet little Ladybug.Like the different colored layers of the Cupcake. Really Cute! I just became a follower of yours.
    Would Love for you to come visit my blog sometime. :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete