Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Halloween Cards

Today I finished up two Halloween cards.  I think I'm going to miss my Mini Monsters cartridge after Halloween.  I've used it so much this past month that I never put it away.  I kept it right next to my cricut because I was constantly reaching for it, whether it was for a blog challenge, etsy order, school project or a fun Halloween card for the kids it was definitely one of my favorites.  I'm sure I will have more fun with it next year.  So onto  my cards.  I made this witch card for my friends daughter. She is planning to be a scary witch for Halloween. I added ribbon, googly eyes and a scrappy moms stamp to the card. 

The second card is for my God son. I wanted to use the scrappy moms stamp sentiment, I want candy. What kid doesn't want candy on Halloween. The ghost is from Mini Monsters and the treat bag is from Doodlecharms. I had no idea there was a Halloween treat bag on there until I looked at it closely. I added the sentiment EEK to the treat bag. The black tag background is cut from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge. I cut the first layer at 4 inches and then used a pop dot for the second layer cut at 3 3/4. The tag kind of reminds me of a bat.

Comments make me smile!

I am linking the cards to the following challenges

More Than Favors http://morethanfavors.blogspot.com/
CardzTV http://cardztv.blogspot.com
Fantabulous Cricut

7 comments:

  1. Kelly, Your cards are so cute. I love the color combination, very fun. I am glad I found your blog. I am your newest follower. Please stop by and say HI. Traci Cricutjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are super cute and sure to be love by the recipients, great job on the CCC challenge, thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great cards! Your ghost is adorable and I love the witch's star cloak! Everything coordinates so perfectly!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut.
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! Love the eyes on the ghost and great sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the witch and her outfit that matches the cauldron!
    Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute cards, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete