Tuesday, October 18, 2011

BOOK CLUB

On Sunday I met with my book club.  We meet every 3 months and I can honestly say it's something we all look forward to.  We get to discuss a great book (usually), talk without being interrupted, enjoy a very, very tasty brunch and if we're feeling naughty dessert too.  My book club consists of 5 women including myself and started just over three years ago.  Sometimes I think we are more than a book club.  Yes, we discuss the books we read in detail but we also talk about whats going on in our lives, weddings, marriage, babies, miscarriages, struggles, triumphs and everything in between.  It's a time to speak our minds and enjoy our friendship.  On Sunday we celebrated a new baby, one on the way, and the purchase of a new home.  It was a good day! 
Our book club discussed this book
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  All five girls agreed this book was our least favorite read so far.  Two could not finish it.  We all felt it was difficult to follow the characters, there were so many  in the beginning, the book lacked a climax and the ending was rather predictable.  Another complaint was that the entire book is letters.   Ohhhhh well that's the story of a book club.  So now it's  my turn to choose our next book.  Wish me luck!  Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment