Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Snug as a bug with my Cuttlebug!

I finally pulled the trigger and treated myself to something that I've wanted for a while, a Cuttlebug! I love the way embossing adds so much to a card. It gives it dimension, texture, and most of all it makes it look ohhh so pretty. I couldn't wait to use it. I purchased the D'Vine Swirls folder before the bug arrived. Michaels had a great sale last week and I thought it was the perfect time to stock up.

My inlaws were celebrating their 40th anniversary so I made this card for them using the D'vine Swirls embossing folder, Cuttlebug,Sweethearts and Once Upon a Princess cartridge. I really wanted to add the saying "Cheers to 40 Years" at the bottom but I couldn't get it to cut right using the center point so instead I opted to use a basic Happy Anniversary stamp. The champagne flute idea came from Swarovski crystal champagne flutes that my sister in law and I absolutely love but not willing to spend the $390 price tag. The Swarovski flutes have crystals on the stem just like mine, Stickles of course. I added some extra Stickles to the bottom too. I couldn't do a card without adding some glossy accents, to the champagne of course. I think it really makes it look like champagne. Well I hope they liked it.






Recipe
Card-DCWV The Luxury Stack Paper
Bazzill Paper- Blackbird, Fussy
Accent Essentials- p. 79 cut at 3 1/4 and 3
Ribbon- Michaels
Once Upon a Princess- tag p. 68 White 1 3/4 Fussy 1 1/2
Stamp-Fiskars All Year Greetings

1 comment: