Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Nephew First Diaper Cake

I mentioned in my previous post that my sister in-law is due any day.  The Krocker family is absolutely thrilled.  This will be my first nephew and big and little Krockers  first cousin.  We are very happy to welcome him to our family.  I wanted to make something special for the little guy.  So I decided to try and make a diaper cake.  I've seen so many pretty ones on etsy and thought it was something I could make on my own.  Here is the finished product. 


 I found the bucket at Target for $2.50.  I personalized the bucket with some vinyl that I cut on my Cricut (ohhhhh how I love you).  Next I rolled a size 1-2 diaper length wise and tied it with curling ribbon. I filled the entire bucket with diapers and put an empty paper towel rod in the center.  Then I started level 2.  I rolled and tied the diapers the same but attached them to the paper towel rod by a rubber band to prevent them from falling down.  I did the same with the top.  I added some decorative grosgrain ribbon to hide the rubber bands and red paper shred on the different levels.  The baseball and football were cut with my Cricut (Sports Mania cartridge).  I topped off the cake with a teddy bear and gift card to Babies r us.  I know they were lucky to receive most of the items off of their registry so I thought a gift card would be nice to buy whatever Drew might need in the future.  I hope he likes it. 

1 comment: