Friday, January 7, 2011

Working on New Years Goals One Step At A Time

For some time I've been wanting to reorganize my jewelry.  My sister-in-law has had three Lia Sophia parties in the past two years and needless to say I've bought a bunch of their stuff.  I just love it!  I love knowing that if something breaks I can easily return it.  Not that it's happened.  So onto my New Year's Resolution, ORGANIZE!  I decided to dump everything out and sort through what I was keeping and what could be donated to the kiddie dress up fund.
Then I did some research and decided that a jewelry box was out of the question, cost, looks, and where was I putting it.  So I invested in some of these accessory storage boxes that you can find at Michaels.  Pretty, no, practical yes!

I love that you can adjust the spaces in the boxes.

Then I began sorting by category, silver earrings, gold earrings, silver necklaces, gold necklaces and finally bracelets.  I used a box for each of the categories.  Then using my cricut I cut out the categories with vinyl to label them and make it easy to locate when I'm rushing around in the morning. 

Now, I have everything organized and I must say I love it!  I think it will make my life easier when I'm running late and I need to find that silver and blue necklace that matches my outfit.  And isn't that what organizing is all about, making life easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment