Monday, January 24, 2011

Motivational Monday

Motivational Monday is here again!  This past weekend I began training for my half marathon.  I started running about 7 or 8 years ago.  I ran a couple of 5k's and 7 months after my daughter was born I ran a 10k.  It was great!  I was so proud of myself and exhausted at the same time.  So I decided that this year I would up the ante and add a half marathon to the mix.  Not an easy task when you have two kids, a house, and a growing etsy business, but I am committed to this goal.  So on Saturday morning I braved the cold, it was 14 degrees here, and headed out to meet my running group.  We are all training to run a 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon this year.  I have to admit the first 10 minutes of the run I was freezing cold and contemplated going back to my warm car but I stuck with it and finished 6.4 miles in 56 minutes.  Not bad considering there was snow and ice on the road and the frigid temperature. So I thought this quote that I found at Womenshealthmag.com was appropriate

"I never regret it when I do it, but I always regret it when I don't." -- Devin McDonald Vinson, 37, Portland, OR

Ohhh how true Devin.  I may not want to get on the treadmill at 5:45 am but I am so happy when I do.  I feel great and what better way to start your day than knowing you already accomplished something.  Plus, I know I am more likely to eat healthy and stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment